Shipping update from the Laboratory for Udder Health
October 7, 2021
LUH clients are currently experiencing shipping delays, for packages sent to and from the lab. Because most shipments are time sensitive, we recommend the following shipping practices to avoid problems. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as needed.
For samples sent to the LUH:
- Ship samples to the lab Monday through Wednesday, with expected arrival no later than Thursday, using 2-day or overnight delivery. This allows a 1 day buffer for delays and ensures samples do not arrive on the weekend.
- Check with your preferred shipper for current advice on which shipping option to select and/or best day to ship to ensure timely arrival.
- The VDL offers a UPS Shipping Program, including a reliable option for Next Day Air.
- Note for Speedee users: Speedee is experiencing a driver shortage and may not have a consistent pick up schedule from week to week. Call SpeeDee directly to ensure timely pickup and delivery, 320-251-6697.
- Ensure samples are packed properly with insulation and plenty of ice packs.
For culture plate or supply orders from the LUH:
- Stay on top of your inventory and order early to avoid running out of necessary items.
- Place orders early in the week for shipping Monday or Tuesday, or order the week before. Note some orders may not ship the same day orders are placed.
- If items are needed urgently, request FedEx overnight shipping (Monday through Thursday).